Currently there are over 11,000 children
in foster care in Missouri.
Over 2,000 children are waiting for a forever family.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Blessed (although tired) Week!

This has been a blessed week!! Especially considering we have not had more than 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep for about 3 weeks.  Our two youngest each had surgery.  I thought I would get ahead of the game and schedule both surgeries the week after I got off work and have everything done for summer. Nice thought!! B had tonsils and adnoids out and hasn't hardly napped or slept since then!! Mason had ear tubes and has adjusted better, but started cutting more teeth and his allergies are bothering him.

BUT, I am so thankful for some surprise blessings! I entered a give away on Kari's Blog-My Crazy Adoption (the link is listed here-look for her button) and won a CUTE box of Huggies Blue Jean diapers! Then, went down to Kanakuk to pick up Grace and while Jeff was "entertaining" Mason in the back-who wasn't the least bit interested in Kamp-who should walk over to see Mason, but Kari who was there to pick up her daughter! They struck up a conversation and discovered we were the ones who won the diapers. I love GOD connections!! Especially ones involving adoption and missions!!! (I have been beggin my hubby to let me go on one of Kari's mission trips!). She is collecting donations, on her blog, for items to bring to the orphanges for her July trip to Africa. Maybe her encouraging words about the next trip earned me some brownie points with Jeff  (:>). Seriously he would love for me to go-I think somehow the idea of being left with 5 children makes him a little nervous. I can't figure out why :)!

I am also excited, I get to take Mason for a play date with his two older brothers and their adoptive Mom! They are finalizing their adoption this week. Sooooo happy for them!

And to top off the week, I actually got some time to READ!! I am diving in to Radical by David Platt. "Taking Your Faith Back from the American Dream" I HIGHLY recommend it! I am going to go back and REREAD all the pages I folded down and places I underlined.  I have a stack of "To Read" this summer beside my bed.  Some titles I am looking forward to reading are Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Sirit and Crazy Love by Francis Chan, Finishing-One Million Arrows, and Same Kind of Different as Me.......Maybe after I get a little sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment